Big Data Analytics
A data from any source is said to be Big Data if any of the traditional tools aren’t able to process or analyse it. With the multiplicity of devices, big data analytics is going to be of use in every business keen on tailoring its products and services to the target customers. Whether structured or unstructured, today we have the capability to quickly process data points from a variety of consumer touch points into actionable insights that can help companies design better products and services, depending upon their consumers’ demands
Need for Big Data?
- More than 90% of the data has been generated in the last 2-3 years only.
- Almost 80% of the data are unstructured or they exist in wide range of formats, thus hard to analyse.
- There are certain limitations with structured data also, when dealing with very large size of data.
- It is difficult to integrate data coming from multiple systems.
- When business users need to isolate the area which will help them to grow.
- Data which is potentially valuable are either dormant or discarded.
- When combining large volume of unstructured data, it becomes more costlier.
- There are some data types whose information have very short and useful lifespan.
- When existing information are modified on the basis of context, it becomes more meaningful.
Hadoop is an open source framework that allows distributed processing of large data-sets across clusters of computers using simple programming models. A Hadoop frame-worked application works in an environment that provides distributed storage and computation across clusters of computers. Hadoop is designed to scale up from single server to thousands of machines ,each offering local computation and storage.
HP IDOL Essentials
Many critical processes and tasks traditionally performed manually within the enterprise can be automated by HP IDOL. This platform is an extremely feature rich and versatile technology that allows businesses to deploy information management solution that specifically meet their needs. With all HP IDOL features available, the power of HP IDOL can be harnessed via both individual functions or a set of functions used in combination to automate business process.